New York City vacation rentals offer an enjoyable and wallet-friendly alternative to staying in a hotel, especially for a family or group. You’ll find well-equipped, beautifully furnished apartments in a great areas. The reasonable prices will truly surprise you. You’ll be sorry that you don’t live in one of these gems year round! Ever dreamed of living in New York City? Here’s your opportunity to try it out!
Consider all the other great
1. Sleeping Accommodations in NYC including
2. Suite Hotels
Be sure to consult your New York City street map before selecting an apartment. Ensure that it is convenient to the majority of attractions you plan to visit or near a subway station or bus stop.
Utilize a Fully-Equipped Kitchen
Make all or some of your meals, or enjoy take-out (a New York City institution)in the privacy of your "own home." You’ll have access to just about any kind of take-out cuisine--and I mean ANY. Having your own kitchen gives you the ideal time and place to cook something special. The big apple is home to an unlimited assortment of gourmet grocery and speciality ethnic stores--so pick up something special and create a memorable meal. Just for fun, you can rent a movie with the same ethnic food theme.
Take Advantage of Very Low Rental Fees
If you are traveling with a family, extended family, or a group, renting a home is an ideal option. You’ll be charged a flat fee that can easily be split amongst your group. Understand that it’s much cheaper than renting a hotel suite or a group of rooms.
Great Convenience for Young Families
Rather than staying in a suite or placing your children in a room down the hall, holiday getaways function like your own home. You are better able to watch your children, thereby giving you peace of mind. Peace of mind equals the proper vacation mood. If you have young children, you’ll have a place to warm bottles and prepare appropriate food like chicken nuggets and spaghetti (Yup, been there.)
New York City vacation rentals offer more privacy than the standard hotel. You don’t have to worry about housekeeping knocking on your door, hotel personnel arriving unannounced! Additionally, most apartments have excellent security systems and 24-hour door attendants.
Privacy for Parents too
Parents do not have to share a room with their children so everyone can have their own space. (I remember sharing a room with my young son and husband during vacations. Given that my son went to bed early, I could only read in the dark with the aid of a very tiny book light. I had to be very careful not to wake him. A private room in a vacation home would certainly have solved this problem.) Also, parents can have some alone time once the kids are asleep. They too, will feel like they are on vacation.
Enjoy and Save Money With Great Amenities
Most New York City vacation rentals come with super amenities. Depending on the property, you’ll probably find internet and data access, telephone, fully-equipped kitchens including dishwasher and state-of-the-art appliances, entertainment centers including televisions and/or large screen HDTV, some with pools and/or hot tubs, gardens, decks. Think about what would make your vacation special and ask for it.
Feel Like It’s Your Home Away From Home
One of the best parts of renting apartment is that you’ll feel like you’re in your own home. This can be a welcome feeling after a long day of touring in the big apple.
During these troubled economic times, renters are extremely anxious to rent their apartments. Competition is your friend! I encourage you to click on the options below and explore the deals that await you. You will be absolutely amazed at the beautiful properties, fantastic locations, and wallet-friendly prices. I was!
Here are the most well-known companies that specialize in New York City vacation rentals. Choose from unhosted (you are totally independent) to hosted (you rent a room and the owner lives there too, but the prices are very cheap.) apartments. Some hosted rooms included a continental breakfast.
Boasts some of the city’s most beautiful properties with the majority in TriBeCa, and the Village. Choose from amongst 50 first-class properties, hosted and unhosted, but each one is a gem. City Sonnet works hard to help select the perfect rental to ensure a quality experience.
N Y Habitat’s large staff will help to place you in one of their beautiful 350 apartments. Offering mostly unhosted apartments, this company specializes in renting very large properties (great for families and groups). They feature than 5,000 furnished New York apartments and accommodations in the boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. The prices are great! I just spied an apartment that sleeps six for $270 a night. Consider how much you’ll save in meals with a full kitchen!
Vacation Home Rentals
provides super rates and reviews so you get a sense of each rental. They offer a dizzying group of New York City Vacation rentals from which to choose. Helpful pictures, prices, location, size and amenities in making your choice. Prices are amazing!
Discover almost unlimited options for every taste and budget.
1. Crashpadder (www.crashpadder.com) offers lots of affordable options in New York City.
2. Craigs List (www.craigslist.com) offers a large number of New York City vacation rentals throughout the 5 boros. Click on the “Vacation Rentals” tab under the “Housing Section.” Costs vary from extremely reasonable, to the more expensive. You are bound to find something that works with your budget and taste. If you are splitting the cost amongst many, you may be able to live it up more.
3. Home Away offers hundreds of rental properties throughout New York City. You’ll find an extensive photo gallery, listing size of apartments, locations, and amenities. Some are as low as $85 per night, $500 per week! Check it out at www.homeaway.com.
4. Roomorama (www.roomorama.com) has a large data base of rentals. Simple provide your check-in and check-out dates, the property type, and voila, you’ll be provided with a large list of selections.
5. VRBO offers New York City vacation rentals directly from owners. You’ll find an endless array of gorgeous properties throughout the city from brownstones on the upper east side to studio apartments. Amenities range from decks, patios, garden rooms, to name a few. Log on to www.vrbo.com for more information.
provides super rates and reviews so you get a sense of each rental. It offers a dizzying group of New York City vacation rentals from which to choose. Helpful pictures, prices, location, size and amenities in making your choice. Prices are amazing!
7. Zonder Vacation Rentals (www.zonder.com) also offers a large variety of rental homes within New York City. Simply log on, enter New York, New York, as your vacation destination, along with your check-in and check-out dates. Available properties, complete with photographs, apartment size, amenities, and cost are provided. When I logged on, I noted a host of beautiful, centrally-located properties, with fantastic amenities for very attractive prices.
8. AKA offers lovely, spacious midtown residences with full kitchens at conventional hotel prices. AKA specializes in stays of a week or more. These are beautiful apartments in great neighborhoods such as Sutton Place, Times Square, Central Park and more. This New York city vacation rental company is a great find. Log on to www.stayaka.com/nyt" for more information.
9. I Stop Over (www.istopover.com) provides lots of New York City vacation rentals with apartment options throughout New York City at very affordable provides. Rent an apartment or just a room. Register for free.
Preparing a vacation packing list will help to ensure the most enjoyable and stress-free vacation possible. Forget to bring something as simple as an umbrella, and you can be sure that there will be a 5-hour downpour. Be prepared by checking out my list.
If you are traveling with children, check out my best tips for keeping crankiness to a minimum! I guarantee that there is AT LEAST one tip that will help you during your holiday. Click here and scroll down to the very bottom of the page.
Your tip or suggestion can help enhance the quality of a fellow traveler's experience. Share and share alike! Click here to share your thoughts!
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!