SHARE A RIDE
TO NEW YORK CITY!
Share a ride to New York City! It’s one of the best ways to save big money when going to the big apple!! With gasoline
prices at $3-$4 (depending on what’s going on in the world, there is renewed interest in car pooling programs. This new interest, the economy and the Internet has provided us with new ways to find people with whom to share rides. The benefits are many:
- Save a lot of money by splitting gas and tolls fees.
- You can use HOV (High Occupancy Vehicles) lanes and arrive at your destination faster.
- If you are a rider, you’ll save on your car maintenance, gas, car wear and tear and parking.
- As a rider, you won’t have to worry about parking your car in New York City. You’ll be free to use cheap, dependable public transportation. You also won’t have to worry about transportation from the airport.
- Make new friends.
- Help the environment by cutting down on unnecessary fuel emissions.
- Make connections with potential riders/drivers by anonymous email. Your address and identification remain private.
- You can meet the person that you’re thinking about traveling with in a public place before committing. Discuss your driving style, expectations, and personal preferences such as smoking.
- Ask for personal references, exchange driver’s licenses, or any other photo identification, if you are hesitant.
- If you are flying into NYC, consider this transportation to and from any airport.
SHARE A RIDE: HOW TO FIND A DRIVER OR PASSENGERS
Tripda (tripda.com)is a ride-sharing community for travel between cities, connecting drivers with empty seats and passengers who need a ride. Tripda helps you share travel costs, make new friends, and help the planet!
E RIDE SHARE
E Ride Share (rideshareonline.com) provides free car pool matching to individuals and groups. You can review hundreds of listings for any kind of travel including cross-country, or to/from the airport for those who want to share a ride.
Ridester (ridester.com) is a free service to find rides within a feedback-rated community anywhere within the United States. It is said to have the fastest route-matching technology and a web payment systems to help riders pay securely prior to each trip.
Zimride (Zimride.com) combines Google, Facebook, maps and all sorts of unique ways to link riders with drivers. You can view profiles of each potential driver or rider before make a decision. This service also links car-sharing services with Zipcar.
GETTING AROUND NYC EASILY
to learn about the many ways to get around NYC easily and cheaply. These include the subway
, the hop-on, hop-off bus
, city buses
, and more!!
Leave Share a Ride; Go to Home Page
Go to Sitemap