US Tennis Open:
Money Saving Ticket Ideas
and Great Visitor Tips
The US Tennis Open, formally known as the United States Open Tennis Championship, completes the fourth and final tennis major of the Grand Slam. The other three tournaments are the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon.
This annual competition takes place in late August and early
September over a two-week period at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Queens, a borough of New York City. You’ll see men's and women's singles, men's and women's doubles, and mixed doubles played on a hard court. There are separate matches for senior, junior, and wheelchair players.
More than 720,000 on-site fans, 100 million television viewers in the U.S. and 64 million online visitors watch the excitement of the US Tennis Open. We are some of those fans! We go every year and highly recommend it! It’s one of the most exciting tennis events anywhere. Be sure to read my attendee tips below. This year's event runs from August 28 – September 10, 2017
There are 3 kinds of tickets to buy:
1) Match tickets: admission to Arthur Ashe Stadium (main match) and all grounds.
2) Grounds admission: this allows you entry to all outside courts and grounds ONLY but NOT to the main matches taking place at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
3) Arthur Ashe Kids Day tickets: see information below.
HOW TO GET DISCOUNT TENNIS OPEN TICKETS
- Join the USTA (United States Tennis Association) for special access to discounted seats and early ticket sales for the US Open, Olympus US Open Series and other major tournaments across the country. In addition, you’ll enjoy a 10% discount off USTA and US Open merchandise, as well as discounts on dining, travel, retail, and entertainment at well-known hotels, car rental agencies, sporting good stores, and more. Log on to usta.com for membership information.
- The School Theater Ticket Program (www.schooltix.com) offers discounted tickets to US Tennis Open matches.
- Register your e-mail for free with Goldstar as they very often have discounted tickets!
- Subscribe to my Blog and Daily Deal for up-to-the-minute deals that you won't want to miss!
- Check out the USTA's ticket exchange program (www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com) where you can buy and sell tickets. Watch prices here--some are less than face value, some more.
- Snag a completely FREE week during the US Open Qualifying Tournament, Tuesday, August 22 - Friday, August 25, 2017, where you'll see the stars of tomorrow compete for a spot in the 2017 US Open! Enjoy FREE entry when you can enjoy watching Open Practice: Date to be announced during week of August 21.
US OPEN TENNIS TOURNAMENT VACATION PACKAGE
If you love tennis, then you MUST come to the US Tennis Open at Arthur Ashe Stadium. There is something about the live action, enthusiasm, and surroundings that doesn’t compare to anything else. The planning experts at New York City Vacation Package have organized a fantastic deal for this year’s Grand Slam event. It includes a specially-priced vacation with accommodations at midtown Manhattan hotels like the Sheraton New York Hotel - and reserved seats at Arthur Ashe Stadium over Labor Day Weekend! Forget about waiting on long lines or holding on the telephone for tickets.
See fabulous tennis in the main stadium or watch singles, doubles and mixed doubles in the side courts.
Your 2017 New York City US Open Tennis Tournament Vacation Includes:
- Accommodations for 2-nights or longer at a midtown Manhattan hotels like the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers, right in the middle of all the excitement of New York City's Times Square, the Theater District, Rockefeller Center and just a short stroll from Central Park
- All state and local taxes
- Tickets to 3rd round Men's and Women's action (reserved seats in Arthur Ashe Stadium Upper Promenade level)
- Full Grounds Pass so you can view tennis in Louis Armstrong Stadium, Grandstand and all field courts
- $25 per person in food, beverage and souvenirs at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
- Full-day use of the New York City transportation system (bus and subway) so you can easily get to the USTA National Tennis Center
- Free admission to the Empire State Building Observatory, Museum of the City of New York or NY Water Taxi's Statue of Liberty Flex Pass
- Free admission to the American Museum of Natural History, Metropolitan Museum of Art or Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- And more NYC discounts and inclusions
Click here for more information on your 2017 New York City US Open Tennis Tournament Vacation!!
US TENNIS OPEN ATTENDEE TIPS
1. Attend early rounds during the first week (you only need a ground's pass for these...and these tickets are much cheaper). This will give you the opportunity to see top-ranked players up close.
2. Take the subway or Long Island Railroad to the matches. You will avoid big traffic jams and high parking fees.
3. Arrive early. You have to go through a security line before admittance.
4. Bring your American Express Card—you’ll enjoy lots of special perks.
5. All bags are subject to search. There is a limit of 1 bag per person and it cannot be larger than 12"W x 12"H x 16"L.
6. No knapsacks or backpacks.
7. No bottles except plastic.
8. Sadly, you cannot bring food into the stadium so you are subject to the outrageous prices of available food. However, I suggest that you can bring an empty plastic bottle and fill it up with water once inside.
9. Bring binoculars! It's great for focusing on great plays and seeing all the famous people from afar.
10. Log on to USTA.com for other security information.
US OPEN TENNIS: ARTHUR ASHE KIDS DAY
Arthur Ashe Kids Day, Saturday, August 26, 2017,
provides kids and their
parents with a morning filled with great entertainment (past performers have included the Jonas Brothers, Jessica Simpson, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears), great giveaways, appearances of super tennis stars, and, of course, great tennis matches. We’ve gone for many years. It’s a good way to motivate your kids toward playing tennis and enjoying the sport in general.
CATCH THE ACTION UNFOLD
AT A LOCAL NYC BAR/RESTAURANT
Prefer to catch the matches on a giant high definition flat screen color television? Here are some options:
Bottle & Bine
1085 2nd Avenue
Bottle & Bine serves a U.S. Open Combo Special throughout the tournament. It includes the Match Point cocktail, and a main lobster salad. The restaurant also has two large television in its bar area where the games will be on view.
77 Warren Street
This sports bar in TriBeCa has a U.S. Open Happy Hour on weekdays available throughout the tournament from noon to 6:00 pm. The bar has nine televisions that will show the matches.
BEST TRANSPORTATION TO
US TENNIS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS
The subway is THE best way to travel to the US Tennis Open. It’s fast, cheap and you’ll avoid expensive parking fees and traffic. Take the #7 directly to the Shea Stadium/Willets Point station. Need more help to determine the best route for your trip to the US Tennis Open? Use this subway map or automatic trip planner!
For information on subway fares, metrocards and more Click here!
If you need help to determining how to take the bus to the US Tennis Open, Use this bus map to help!
Need parking deals? If you must drive, click here for the best parking deals around.
By Long Island Railroad:
The Long Island Railroad takes you directly the US Tennis Open Center. You can take the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station in Manhattan; Jamaica, Queens; and from all points on Long Island Click here for information on the Long Island Railroad.
Leave US Tennis Open, Go to Home Page
Go to Sitemap